- Recruitment: At least 6 months of regular attendance in the congregation
- Register: your sponsors so we have a database for future events and you are organized and ready for the year’s slate of offerings. https://register.pwruua.org/youth-program-cong-reg/
- Background Check: performed by the congregation
- Relationship with Youth: Knowing the youth is critical to support them at immersion events, particularly in the event of trauma or crisis.
- Only youth from the home congregation: as a practice, we do not support sponsors sponsoring youth from outside their home congregation (See relationship above).
III. Congregational Affiliation
Youth and adult attendees at a conference must be affiliated with a congregation to maintain accountability outside the event.
IV. Con Talk
Adult sponsors and/or DREs must have Con Talk with youth before arrival at event.
V. At the Event
- Attend Sponsor Orientation
- Support youth
- Hold & dispense youth meds
- Check-in periodically
- Participate in programming
- Don’t youth or center your experience, these events are for the youth
- Refer concerns about the program to youth and adult staff
- Have fun! Bring it home. Share.
- Youth attendees are not allowed to drive themselves or other youth to/from event.
- Rule of Three- There must be at least 2 youth and 1 adult or 2 adults and 1 youth together during travel and at the event.
VII. After the Event
Allow youth attendees to share and process their experience. Share takeaways/lessons in service/worship at church.